Author Topic: Possible Corruption  (Read 307 times)

Redman

Possible Corruption
« on: April 04, 2018, 05:46:45 AM »
Hi,

I work in my local NHS IT Dept, we have a user at a GP surgery who uses easy invoicing v8 but recently has started having an issue

Basically the program opens but when she clicks on New the box pops up but there is a hash mark next to name and she cannot do anything, the 3 small dots also don't allow her to do anything so she cannot raise any new invoices

I have reinstalled, upgraded to v 8.21, copied an ACCDE file overwriting on her PC, tried a roll back of the PC but nothing works

Also each invoice created is saved to a share on the practices main server but if I double click on one it doesn't open with any program, Access 2007 doesn't load at all, pointing Access directly to the files on the share drive won't open any of the files either, it's got me stumped

I'm thinking that replacing the PC still won't do any good so I'm wondering if all the files are corrupt

Can anyone help?

Regards

Garry

support

• Administrator
Re: Possible Corruption
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 10:30:02 AM »
Recovering a backup file to replace a damaged file or accidental deleting of needed records is easy:

1) Locate the Easy Invoicing Backup folder - you will see 1 or more dated sub folders which represent recent backups.
Drag and drop the most recent database file across into the Easy Invoicing 8 folder. Replacing the existing file.

2) When asked.. you want to move and replace your file.

That should get you up and running again.

This forum entry explains how to move a backed up file:
http://www.easyinvoicing.co.uk/forum/frequently-asked-questions-3/how-to-recover-a-backup-of-easy-invoicing-8
(you do not need to join the support forum to read the articles posted there).
Regards,

Garry.
(Support)

Redman

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 06:23:05 AM »
Hi Garry

Sorry but I've already tried that before I made my post on here as I found that article you linked too

I think the only solution is to replace the PC, install the software again and make a new folder on the server and point all future backup invoices to that as something has gone seriously wrong with the current installation/backups

I'm open to further suggestions though

Regards

support

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 10:09:42 AM »
Hello,

You could try zipping and emailing one of your back up files to me.

I will check the file for integrity:

sales@easyinvoicing.co.uk

or

You can send your file using our upload tool:
------------------------------------------------

a) Open your Web Browser and navigate to:

http://www.easyinvoicing.co.uk/tools/

b) Click the 'Browse' button and then select your C:\ Drive on your computer in the 'Look in' window at the top of the dialog window.

c) You should see a folder called 'Easy Invoicing 8' in the larger dialog window below. Double click the 'Easy Invoicing 8' folder to reveal it's contents.

d) look for the file called 'Easy Invoicing 8 (sometimes called Easy Invoicing UK 2007) and click it once to highlight it.
     (to help identify the correct file: it's icon should have a purple key with a tiny padlock)

e) Click the 'Open' button at the bottom of the dialog box. The filepath to your database should now be on the Web Page.
     Click the 'Submit' button to start uploading the file to our server - this can take a few minutes so please be patient.

f) When the file has uploaded you should see a new Web Page asking for some basic details so that we can work on your file. Please complete this and press 'Submit'.

Regards,

Garry.
(Support)